Earn rewards for your active and sustainable travel
EcoGo is a rewards scheme designed to encourage people at the University of Sussex to get around sustainably and help tackle the climate crisis.
It runs from 27th September 2021 to 27th May 2023. During this period staff and students can download the free BetterPoints app, track their sustainable and active journeys to and from campus to earn BetterPoints, and BetterTickets to win prizes during term dates.
How do I take part in the challenge?
Watch this short video here or follow these instructions to get you started:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or the Google Play Store using the links below:
2. Tap “Join Now” in the app and register with your university email address.
3. There will be a welcome message in your timeline in the app inviting you to join the challenges available to you including 'EcoGo'.
4. Complete the Get Started Survey from the message in your timeline to unlock your activity rewards.
5. Tap the Play ▶ button in the top right corner of the app to track your activities via Automatic (always on) or Manual Tracking (when you want to track a specific activity).
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
Why automatic tracking?
Don't worry, BetterPoints aren't snooping on you! Automatic tracking allows us to collect a more comprehensive and accurate data set of your activities. Your data will be aggregated and anonymised across all EcoGo participants to help the University of Sussex better understand its members’ travel needs, habits and CO2 emissions. Better understanding means a better, safer and healthier campus for you to travel around.
EcoGo Accessibility Statement
The EcoGo mobile application and website have been developed by BetterPoints. As EcoGo is an application which contains third party content this means that some aspects of the website and application accessibility are outside of the University of Sussex’s control.
EcoGo is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, improvements are needed including improving colour contrast and some navigational issues. The University of Sussex is committed to making the EcoGo website and mobile app fully accessible and are actively working to address these issues. The University is working with BetterPoints to improve accessibility in the new version of their app, which is currently in development.
Terms & Conditions
This challenge is for the staff and students of the University of Sussex only. If you need assistance using the app please visit the help section in the main menu of the app.